Monday, May 23, 2011

May 22-28; Chapters 20 & 21; His Attitude, His Marriage

This week there was a paragraph that spoke to me in the Attitude chapter. For some reason not necessarily having much to do with the kiddos or husband, I've just had a little bit of a down attitude about things, allowing little problems take more of a place in my heart than they should. I think, hey, everybody with two small children, a husband that works nights & overtime, who is trying to buy a house is stressed has a right to snip a bit, right?
Apparently, WRONG! :)

On page 150, Stormie says "The Bible says we have a choice as to what we will allow into our heart (Ps 101:4)...We choose to receive the love of the Lord. We permit an attitude of thankfulness to rise in us."

-Do you react to negativity in your husband? How so? Do you immediately go to the Lord in prayer about it? How can you respond more positively?

Then, in the chapter about praying for His Marriage, I can identify. Not being the sports-watching type, (I enjoy playing them, not watching them unless it's with friends and a chocolate fountain!) I also prayed God would send me someone who wasn't WAY more into sports tv than I was. Well, God had a sense of humor, and instead gave me a "gamer." :) We have also come to the same conclusion that it is in our marriage's best interest to agree, he tries not to go overboard on how late he stays up playing, and I don't have to even PRETEND to care about it. :) The situation works, most of the time. ;)
I do like the verse she included, though, don't take your marriage for granted, no matter how great it is. "Let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall" (I Cor.10:12)

-Read I Cor. 7:10,11 in your Bible. Have you or your husband ever viewed divorce as an option which you would consider? (the joke in our house from our premarital counseling days: Divorce will NEVER be an option. Murder, perhaps. But never divorce! :) Write a prayer breaking the power of those thoughts of divorce and turn them over to God.

Love you, girls, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment